Winter Updates

Just want to update everyone on the dates for the readings for The Soluble Hour. I promised Rusty at Omnidawn that I would take this book around and share it with everyone, but it is really important that if anyone out there wants to come help remember Hillary and read poems with us at these readings, to please get in touch with me. Would be wonderful for her friends to be gathered together as much as possible.




May 16th in Chicago, Michael Robins, who has been a lovely champion of Hillary's poems and some of his fellow Chicagoan poets Ruben Quesada, Jennifer Scappettone, Valerie Wallace and I will be reading Hillary's poems at City Lit Books. Hillary´s former student the poet S, Brrok Corfman will also be reading.


May 19th in Los Angeles: Please get in touch with me if you knew Hillary and want to be part of this reading. It will be at Poetic Research Bureau at 7:30 PM.


May 20th in Seattle: There will be a reading at Hugo House at 4PM. Hillary grew up near Seattle and went to school there, and her friend Rebecca Hoogs will be introducing several readers including 
Ryan E. Burt and Jeanne Heuving. Rae Armantrout will also read. Books for sale from Open Books: A Poem Emporium.


May 20th in Denver: I'll be reading with Serena Chopra and Brian Foley at a house reading and you are welcome to be in touch to find out where it is.

Thanks for supporting this book, continuing to support this book, supporting its readers, and Hillary´s family.


*


At the end of 2017 I had two poems published in POETRY. I'm very glad to be in this magazine and appreciate my friends supporting and cheering me on when they saw it come out. What I didn't expect was that somewhere in Canada, at the Green Valley School in Manitoba that a fifth grade teacher named Ken Peters would teach his students one of my poems and then ask me to Skype with his class. It was so much fun to get to hear from them and think through some things about poetry together. I also got to show them Kenny, which I must say seemed the beginning of some really big excitement. They also sent me letters!!!! and I'm so proud to know a little more about Manitoba and the fun stuff people do there. You all have a really great teacher, too!


*


I was also very humbled to be included in the Poets for Puerto Rico reading at the ICA museum here in Philadelphia back on December 17th. What an incredible reading!! The room was on fire! People sang and intoned and celebrated each other. Click here to donate to this amazing cause, helping farmers recover from Hurricane Maria.


*


Supposed to read for Charmed Instruments 2/22 and read for Sitting Room Series by Alina Pleskova.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

The Last Word 2022