Spring Updates

Oof, it's been a long time, so I have several updates.

First, one March 15th, Noemi published The Betweens. I strongly recommend buying directly from the press. If you're going to buy from anyone else, I'd recommend an independent bookstore: definitely helps when you ask for the book in a brick and mortar store. I am not doing any signings in the forseeable future, but will leave some signed copies with Carmichael's Bookstore in Kentucky--they may ship. When I get back to Pennsylvania, I will leave some signed copies with the amazing independent bookstore Harriett's Bookshop, which ships nationwide.

My niece told me about John Green leaving signed copies in random used book stores with the help of his scientist brother. And other shenanigans. *Interesting*.

I have the hope that anyone who is part Asian and/or has felt between an Asian culture and another one will enjoy reading this book. 

If you would like a review copy, please contact Noemi directly through their website; Their contact email is at the bottom of the page.

There was a delightful launch reading with Dara Wier, Angel Dominguez, Jade Fleming, and myself. It was recorded to the cloud; write me on gmail if you want the link.

Secondly! After several years in production, Continuity came out on April 13th from Octopus Books with a launch reading via a completely homegrown zoom-it-myself arrangement: Tamiko Beyer, Heather Green, Christine Shan Shan Hou, Irene Mathieu, and Sa'Miyah Wright helped kick it off. The recording to that reading is in the cloud until early August so let me know if you want the link. 

I have worked on the poems in this book since 1999--and it's a sequel to the Radiator Press book Futureless languages.

*

Other things to celebrate: a poem from Continuity was published, on its pub date, on Poetry Daily, here. PD have been doing a great job of keeping up with small press pub dates and giving attention to new books through their daily poem postings. Strongly recommend checking out the archive, huzzah Tiana Nobile, btw.

*

As many of you know, I had been agitating for more virtual readings for a long time and this summer, backyard readings (by candlelight/fire pit would be great). Can we think about doing that? I will be copying all my pajamas in dressy jersey so act natural and call them pants when you see me, ok? In other words, we don't have to go back to the way things were, and this is one of the first places where we can make that a reality. I've also seen some great photos of the Paradiso series in Durham happening outdoors. Apparently, across NYC are some rooftop concert series by candlelight, doesn't that sound good?

*

If you'd like to teach one of my books, feel free to be in touch as I am glad to visit classes virtually. The Betweens is a good one to teach for memoir, experimental writing, cross-genre, and discussions of microaggressions, Asian American literature, and whiteness studies. Continuity is a good book to teach for poetry, the long poem, trauma, violence, diaspora, elegy, and it mentions several movies like Kurosawa's Ran. I'm here and open for the coming academic year. I've chatted with grade schools before and love to do so.

*

Thanks for all your kind postings on IG, especially to Gina Myers, whose book posting IG is pretty amazing. She wrote about The Betweens. If you want to know more about it, Iook here. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Books Books Books

The Last Word 2022

Winter Updates